- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Pancakes – Food Allergies on a Budget
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 24, 2011 @ 9:00 am In Baking,batch cooking,Breakfast,Food Allergies on a Budget,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Recipes | 16 Comments
Making gluten free anything can be tricky…especially when baking or making pancakes or waffles. I have found that baking mini-muffins or mini-loaves when using gluten free flours works best. I have also found that many gluten free pancakes are quite flat.
This batch was “medium flat.” Not quite as fluffy as regular wheat flour pancakes, but not flat and rubbery like other gluten free pancakes and mixes I’ve tried. Here’s what I did differently…I really whipped the batter each time I’d go to pour the pancakes onto the griddle. I think that “aerating” the batter by whipping it hard helped give them a extra bit of fluff!
And I tried this batch with the free coconut milk  that I got the other week. I’ve always used rice or almond milk…but I really like the coconut-y flavor of these pancakes.
I’m calling these a gluten free pancake success!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Pancakes
Adapted from my “regular” pancake recipe…that’s housed in the overflowing recipe box in my brain
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon gluten-free all purpose baking mix 
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons gluten, dairy and soy free margarine (Earth Balance), melted
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/3 cup coconut milk
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the GF all purpose baking mix, the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, melted margarine and coconut milk. Beat into the dry ingredients until batter forms. Whisk well before pouring onto the griddle to aerate the batter.
- Makes 12 4″ pancakes.
- Serve with GFCFSF butter and maple syrup.
- To freeze, cool completely before placing in plastic freezer baggies.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/gluten-free-pancakes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 free coconut milk: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/05/kroger-shopping-trip-29.html
 gluten-free all purpose baking mix: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ED7M3Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=5din-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B000ED7M3Q
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.