Quick and easy…that’s what I’m all about. And I love how the George Foreman Grill makes making dinner quick and easy. Quick cooking chicken, thin steaks, paninis, quesadillas and more!
I had an opportunity to give the Foreman grill a run for it’s money…and boy, did it come in handy! I was making the Not Quite CopyCat Penne Rustica dish and realized once I got started that I didn’t have any cooked/grilled chicken pieces in the freezer. (I usually try to keep a stash, so I can quickly make meals like this one!) GAH!
I remembered how quick the George Foreman Grill was from past experience, so I pulled it up onto the counter and cooked up some chicken while the shrimp simmered in the skillet on the stove. I could have cooked the chicken first and then added in the shrimp to the skillet when I was making a recipe, but I wasn’t thinking straight and didn’t plan out my “meal attack” very well when making this dish…so having the Foreman right there really helped me out!
And then came the clean-up. This model of the George Foreman Grill has “removable plates,” so the cleanup was a cinch. After dinner, the plates were nice and cool and we just ran them under the water with a sponge and let them dry. Easy-peasy.
(Over the winter months, if you find a great deal on chicken breasts, you could do some “batch grilling” inside on the Foreman grill!)
Anyhoo…you can see how it all played out in the kitchen…check out the video!
I love that I get to give away one of these gems to 1 of you this week!
1. Contest ends Monday, December 10th at 5 pm EST.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing your favorite food to grill!
- Entry #2: Pin your favorite grill recipe from $5 Dinners, or repin something from a $5 Dinners Pinterest board.
- Entry #2: Tweet the following: Enter to win a George Foreman Grill from @5dollardinners! http://bit.ly/foremangive
- Entry #3: Hang out with us on Facebook, join the free email newsletter, or get RSS updates.
- Please leave separate comments for each entry.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: This giveaway and review are part of a sponsored campaign with SmartCookingGuide.com. Opinions and experiences are my own and real.