It’s been an honor and pleasure being a part of the Darling Dozen . I love working together with other bloggers and companies to bring fun and new recipes for you to try in your kitchen. Safest Choice Eggs asked me to come up with a recipe that incorporates egg with salad. I went through a few ideas before landing on this one. I thought about a spin on a Cobb Salad…I thought about adding avocado, cilantro and green chives to a traditional mayo egg salad recipe. And of course, there’s Caesar salad with boiled eggs on top…which is what led me to this idea. Using a well-fried egg on top of a Caesar salad. So simple, but different.
The fried egg with the salt and pepper…on top of a pepper-y salad with a salty dressing…a great complement. (But don’t fret…it wasn’t “too salty”…I thought it was perfect!)
I love that I can have this for lunch and get a good protein with my salad. And I love that this could be served with your favorite grilled meat for a great dinner meal.
(Here’s my Egg Frying Vine video .)
Hope you enjoy it!
Fried Egg Caesar Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 4 eggs, fried
- 1 bag Romaine hearts lettuce
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing , or store bought
- Parmesan Cheese shreds
- Croutons (optional)
- Fry 4 eggs in a large skillet. Season each one with a little salt and pepper.
- While eggs are frying, toss together the lettuce, dressing and Parmesan cheese shreds.
- Plate the salad and add a fried egg to each portion.
- Serve Fried Egg Caesar Salad as lunch, or side dish for dinner.