I don’t follow too many other food blogs. Not sure exactly why. I just don’t.
But one thing I am interested in is food photography. I really want you all to see the photos and think “Wow, that does look good…I’d like to try that meal!”
Part of the draw to food websites is the photography…so little by little, I’ve made some improvements around here.
- First, I started using only natural light, no flash and taking the pictures from different angles. I also learned from my time at General Mills…and a few more things from when I visited the Smuckers headquarters.
- Second, I invested in a fancy schmancy lens for my camera (a gift a few years ago).
- Third, I received some super cool lights (that I keep in my kitchen to use when photography in “bad light”) for Christmas.
While the equipment I have now is expensive, I believe it’s a worthy investment!
Here are a few links to some articles/sites that I have found helpful on my journey to better food photography!!!
- Food Styling and Photography: Getting that Money Shot from Steamy Kitchen
- Food Gawker (drool)
- Still Life With: Little Nuggets from the Front Lines of Food Styling and Photography
- Matt Bites‘ and his food photography website
Check them out and BE AWED and INSPIRED!!!