A few years ago, my family visited Silver Dollar City and noticed a delicious meal being served up from street vendor carts for about $10 per plate.
I came home from that trip and decided I could make that same meal for my entire family of 10 for under $10!
We dubbed it “Fall Fry” and it is an often requested dish that is super simple to make because it only requires one skillet.
(The above picture has bell peppers, but we have decided we prefer it without them.)
Sausage & Potato Skillet Dinner
Yield – 10 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 package smoked sausage
- 1 onion
- 4-6 potatoes (more or less depending on how far you want this meal to stretch)
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- Slice sausage into rounds and chop onion.
- Saute together in large skillet until onions are tender.
- Cube potatoes and add to skillet along with the cans of corn (including liquid), and simmer 10-15 minutes until potatoes become soft.
- Serve with cornbread for a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy!