- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Erin’s Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 17, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Breakfast,Feature,Recipes | 60 Comments
I so wish I’d doubled this recipe while I was making it. Tripled, or quadrupled even!
These were so delicious…perfect for the fall season.
It’s really simple…you just add some pumpkin and spices to the egg-milk mixture.
Then make French toast as you would.
The eggs, milk, pumpkin and spices.
It will be thick.
They will cook just fine.
Cook in skillet or on griddle.
Grease in between batches too.
The flipped side.
With the leftovers, I cut them into “french toast sticks” and froze them. They freeze beautifully and the kids got to enjoy them for lunch a few days later!
With the same fool proof system she used to cut your weekly food budget and put a healthy and delicious $5 meal on the dinner table for your family, she takes it one step further with “The $5 Dollar Dinner Mom Does Breakfast and Lunch”. Erin walks you through the time and money savings of batch cooking and making your own convenience foods.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 14 slices whole wheat sandwich bread ($1.50)
- 3 eggs ($.30)
- 1/2 cup milk ($.05)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin ($.75ish)
- 1 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice  ($.05)
- Butter and syrup for serving ($.50)
- Fresh fruit or smoothie as side ($1)
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
- Enjoy this perfect fall “breakfast for dinner”!
Our new Favado grocery savings app  is now available! Get access to coupon matchups and store deals for all your favorite stores in your local area for free! You’ll be able to compare prices across local stores, quickly find all the coupons that are available for the items that are on sale, build your shopping list around the hottest sales and best deals and more!
Sign up for a free Favado account  and then download for free in the iTunes store for iPhone or Google Play store for Android.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/erins-pumpkin-pie-french-toast-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 More from $5 Dinners on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/5dollardinners
 The $5 Dinner Mom Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook: http://www.5dollardinners.com/breakfast-lunch-cookbook
 homemade pumpkin pie spice: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/10/erins-homemade-pumpkin-pie-spice.html
 Favado grocery savings app: http://www.5dollardinners.com/favado-grocery-savings-app/
 Sign up for a free Favado account: https://www.favado.com/signup/?publisherId=19
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.