Good Monday afternoon friends! You all are in for a treat this fine Monday. You’re getting a double bonus on recipes today! This one, plus another tonight for the $5 Dinner Challenge!
I was working on dinner over the weekend when Steve pops into the kitchen with a few handfuls of itty bitty tomatoes.
I thought the garden was “done.” I haven’t officially closed it down, but I thought it was finished producing!
I gladly took the tomatoes. And worked them into the meal.
- Homemade Pesto , from the freezer.
- Bread rolls, marked down on special, from the freezer.
And we’ve got ourselves the makings of a Pesto Bruschetta appetizer.
Since I’m all about being resourceful, I just cut the rolls in half…and they look just like slices of French bread loaf…right?! (You’d probably never have known had I not told you!) These are just multigrain dinner rolls that I got on Manager’s Special and stashed in the freezer. Perfect, for a time like this!
Spread on the pesto. Top with the topping. Eat.
- About 2 cups cherry/grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 multigrain rolls, sliced in half
- Couple knife-fuls of Homemade Pesto 
- In a mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Drizzle about 1 tsp of olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out the sliced bread and spread a knife-ful of pesto over the bread. Top with the tomato mixture.
- Make another round.
- Enjoy and devour again! 😉