Mix up your next meatloaf night with this delicious Enchilada Meatloaf and it’s surprise ingredient.
This recipe makes 2 meatloaves…one for dinner, one for the freezer. I created it this way so that you can win at least 1 weeknight dinner coming up! It’s just comforting to know that you have dinner ready to pop in the oven. Nothing to mix together, just drop it right from the fridge (where it has been thawing!) into the oven to cook.
I have been talking for years about using beans to stretch your meat and here’s another recipe for you that will do just that!
How to Freeze Meatloaf
- Line a loaf pan with foil, leaving some hanging over the edge so that you can cover the meatloaf.
- Add the meat into the foil, cover.
- Put in the freezer for about an hour, or until the meat will hold its shape when you remove it from the loaf pan.
- Add the covered meatloaf into a baggie and store until you want to cook it.
- Pull it from the freezer, put the frozen meatloaf with foil back into the pan and let thaw in the fridge.
- Bake in the foil, or carefully remove it from the foil and bake it in the same loaf pan.
Yield – 2 – 9×5″ loaf pans or 8 to 10 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 15 oz. can refried beans (or 2 cups homemade refried beans)
- 1o oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies, well drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs (use gluten-free if needed!)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper each
- Fresh veggies as side dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Divide into each of the 2 – 9×5″ loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through in the center.
- To Freeze Uncooked Meatloaf: see directions above.
- To Freeze Cooked Meatloaf: After you’ve cooked the meatloaf, let it cool completely. Slice into meal size portions and freeze in smaller baggies or in a plastic container.
- Thaw completely before baking as directed.
- Optional toppings: salsa & shredded cheese.
Pin all of our Freezer Recipes on Pinterest: