Today’s guest post comes from Rhoda at Southern Hospitality! I love looking through her site at all the fabulous photos and decor ideas. Plus, I came across this fabulous Spinach Lentil Stew recipe that I can’t wait to try…come autumn!
Summer is here and those fresh peaches are readily available for the picking, so now is a good time for an easy and delicious fresh peach cobbler, with the addition of blueberries for some extra appeal, but those are optional too. This is one easy recipe that your family will enjoy and it’s pretty enough to take to a summer gathering. Eaten warm out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream, your guests will be clamoring for more.
Easy Peach Cobbler
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 6 large peaches and about a cup of blueberries (optional). Peel and slice peaches
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust in a pie baking dish, thawed
- 4-6 slices of white bread (I used wheat & it was just fine) with crust trimmed off & cut into 1” strips
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp regular flour
- Put pie crust in pie pan when thawed and arrange.
- Place sliced fruit into the pie shell.
- Melt butter in bowl, add egg, sugar, and flour. Mix until blended (by hand).
- Place strips of bread over top of fruit (like lattice) and pour butter mixture over the top.
- Bake in 350 F oven for about 35 mins. until golden brown.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice cream.
Originally from GA, Rhoda now resides in B’ham, AL with her hubby of 4 years. She is a Decorating Consultant with a small business from home, where she helps other women feather their nests and create a beautiful home. A bonafide yardsale queen, she wears the crown proudly and loves to hunt down bargains wherever they may be. You will find her out junking or thrifting, with a paintbrush in her hand most days, as she is happiest when creating something pretty. She blogs at Southern Hospitality!