I made drop biscuits this afternoon and we’re having them with baked chicken drumsticks and green beans from the garden. But I’m just sharing the drop biscuit recipe with ya tonight!
Cinnamon Honey Butter Drop Biscuits
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 to 12 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine (I used dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup milk (I used rice milk!)
- Cinnamon Honey Butter: 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 4 Tbsp of butter with pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Slowly mix in milk and stir with fork. Mix until thick batter forms.
- Drop biscuits onto greased cooking sheet or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
P.S. These would make for an excellent weekend breakfast!