I made drop biscuits this afternoon and we’re having them with baked chicken drumsticks and green beans from the garden. But I’m just sharing the drop biscuit recipe with ya tonight!
Cheap Dinner Alert: If you have a Meijer nearby, you’ll want to be adding this dinner to your meal plan next week!!!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter or margarine (I used dairy free margarine)
1 cup milk (I used rice milk!)
1. In mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in 4 Tbsp of butter with pastry blender or 2 knives.
3. Slowly mix in milk and stir with fork. Mix until thick batter forms.
4. Drop biscuits onto greased cooking sheet or into greased muffin tins. Makes 12 biscuits.
5. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cooling rack.
6. Serve warm with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
*Cinnamon Honey Butter: Combine 1 Tbsp honey with 2 Tbsp butter or margarine and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
P.S. These would make for an excellent weekend breakfast!