Baking is one of my favorite winter activities…and I especially love fast and easy recipes that the kids can help out with. This recipe is a family favorite that we get constant requests for and the kids really enjoy getting to help chop up the pecans. The pecan cake is so yummy on its own that you don’t need the powdered sugar icing, but I like to add it sometimes if I’m giving the cake as a gift or making it for a bake sale.
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 quart chopped pecans
- Optional: powdered sugar and milk, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and margarine in large bowl.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Mix in milk, vanilla and Bisquick. Mix until smooth. Add chopped pecans.
- Pour into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before turning out onto a plate. A powdered sugar icing can be drizzled over the top if desired.