When we go out to our favorite Italian restaurant I always like to get the toasted ravioli appetizer but they disappear so fast that I decided to start making them at home so I could have more than one or two in a sitting. They’re so good and so easy to make that I could eat them for my whole meal, but they do make for a nice simple appetizer and they’re perfect for entertaining too!
All you need to make this delicious dish are a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
Serve your toasted ravioli as an appetizer or they make a great side dish to go along with a dinner salad or pasta. Include some marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping and watch them disappear!
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen Beef Ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil for frying
- Prepare ravioli according to directions on the package. Drain and allow to cool.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a small bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese in another small bowl.
- Dredge the ravioli in the egg and milk mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place gently into hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
::: Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar – never miss a recipe, coupon, deal or meal plan! Learn more. :::