- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Denise’s Southwestern Egg In A Basket
Posted By Denise On August 9, 2012 @ 5:15 pm In Breakfast,Eggs,Recipes | 10 Comments
We love to make these southwestern style eggs in a basket for breakfast on the weekend or even for a late night snack. They’re super easy to make and we almost always have the ingredients on hand. Egg in a basket is usually made with toast and has many other names like egg in a nest and toad in a hole. Equally delicious by any name, switching the bread for a tortilla is a fun alternative way to serve eggs.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese in a circle about an inch inside the edge of a tortilla.
Drop an egg in the middle of the cheese and add a dash of salt and pepper. Easy peasy!
Southwestern Egg In A Basket
Yield – 1 serving
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 small flour or corn tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese in a circle near the outer edge of the tortilla.
- Break an egg and drop into the center of the shredded cheese.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/denises-southwestern-egg-in-a-basket/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.