This mandarin orange salad is an all time family favorite that we look forward to having at EVERY holiday, potluck or family get together. We always get tons of requests for the “secret” super simple recipe, and now in honor of the upcoming holidays, mom has given me permission to share it with you. The best part about this dish is that everybody who tries it loves it, and while the list of things that all five kids will eat is pretty short, this recipe is at the top!
- 2 – 3 oz. pkgs vanilla tapioca pudding
- 1 – 3 oz. pkg orange jello
- 2 3/4 c. water
- 1 lg tub Cool Whip
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges
- Combine the tapioca pudding, orange jello and water in a pan and bring to a boil on medium heat. Allow to cool completely.
- Fold one large tub of Cool Whip and one drained 15 ounce can of mandarin oranges (reserve a few orange slices to decorate the top) into the cooled pudding mixture. Place into a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.