- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Denise’s Pita Pizza Pockets Recipe
Posted By Denise On April 11, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Kids in the Kitchen,Pizza,Recipes | 2 Comments
While my kids really love pizza, they’re all very picky about their toppings and it seems like they each want something different. That’s why I love these pita pizza pockets – they’re super easy to make, the kids enjoy helping to make their own, and everybody gets exactly what they want in them.
I cut the pitas in half, cooked the sausage and assembled the other ingredients on the table in advance then called the kids in to let them help put their own pizza pockets together before I popped them in the oven. They only take a few minutes and the kids had a blast helping make their own dinner.
Pita Pizza Pockets
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 pitas
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian Sausage
- Cook and crumble Italian sausage.
- Cut pita rounds in half, split them open and spread spaghetti sauce inside.
- Fill pita pockets with 1/4 cup of cheese and other fillings of choice. We made ours with some pepperoni, some sausage and some a combination of the two.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/denises-pita-pizza-pockets-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.