- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Denise’s Pecan Pie Bars
Posted By Denise On November 10, 2011 @ 6:03 pm In Baking,Dessert,Recipes | 14 Comments
I am so ready for some holiday baking but it somehow felt a little too early in the month for pie so instead I made these yummy Pecan Pie Bars.
Pecan Pie Bars
Yield – 20 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together the flour, sugar and salt then add in 3/4 cup margarine and mix well to form a crumbly mixture.
- Place the mixture in a greased 13″x9″ pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, Karo syrup and 1/2 cup margarine in a medium pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling remove from the heat and already beaten eggs, pecans and vanilla.
- Poor the topping over the crust and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into squares and serve.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/denises-pecan-pie-bars/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.