I am so ready for some holiday baking but it somehow felt a little too early in the month for pie so instead I made these yummy Pecan Pie Bars.
Pecan Pie Bars
Yield – 20 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- Mix together the flour, sugar and salt then add in 3/4 cup margarine and mix well to form a crumbly mixture.
- Place the mixture in a greased 13″x9″ pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, Karo syrup and 1/2 cup margarine in a medium pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling remove from the heat and already beaten eggs, pecans and vanilla.
- Poor the topping over the crust and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into squares and serve.