- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Denise’s Gourmet Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Posted By Denise On November 29, 2012 @ 5:00 pm In Recipes | 6 Comments
There are controversial chemicals in packaged microwave popcorn  but our family loves to eat popcorn as a healthy snack, and I really enjoy the convenience of popping it in the microwave, so we simply make our own using brown paper lunch bags. It’s quick and easy to make and also costs a fraction of the price of the packaged variety.
All you need are a few simple ingredients and some lunch bags. You’ll have a hot delicious treat in under three minutes that you can flavor any way you’d like, or keep it natural and just add salt. My personal favorite is Peppered Parmesan as shown here, but you could also toss your popcorn with ranch dressing mix (my kids really love this!), black sesame seeds and ginger, cinnamon and sugar, or curry powder.
If you’re like me and have lots of extended family and friends on your gift list this Christmas, you might want to consider buying some pretty tins at the dollar store and giving the gift of gourmet flavored popcorn! Gourmet food tins can be a pricey gift when purchased from a retailer, but you can make your own for just a few dollars. Dress it up with a bow and your tasty gifts are sure to be appreciated.
Peppered Parmesan Microwave Popcorn
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 3 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 minutes
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1 teaspoon corn or canola oil
- 1 brown lunch bag
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese
- Mix popping corn and corn oil then place in brown paper lunch bag and fold top over twice.
- Mix salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Place bag in microwave and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until there is approximately two seconds between pops.
- Carefully open the bag as the bag and steam from the top will be hot.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil over the popcorn, close the bag and shake.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the popcorn, close the bag and shake.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/denises-gourmet-homemade-microwave-popcorn/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 controversial chemicals in packaged microwave popcorn: http://www.oprah.com/health/Is-Microwave-Popcorn-Bad-for-You
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.