During the holiday season we seem to constantly be on the run and we have lots of friends and family popping by so this is a terrific recipe for those times when you need something fast but tasty, so you don’t have to spend all your time in the kitchen but you can still impress your guests! These cheese turnovers are wonderful as an appetizer or for dessert, and they just take a few minutes to make.
All you need are a few simple ingredients!
I really like to make these with Edam cheese, but Gouda or any other soft dessert cheese will work just fine.
Fast and Easy Cheese Turnovers
Yield – 5 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- Package of 10 refrigerated biscuits
- Edam or Gouda cheese
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Pour oil into a frying pan, about an inch deep, and turn the heat on medium.
- Cut slices of cheese that are approximately 1/4″ wide and 1 1/2″ long.
- Flatten the refrigerated biscuits with your hands. Place a slice of cheese on one side of flattened biscuit then fold the other side over and pinch the edges shut to seal well.
- Gently place two or three at a time in the hot oil then turn over after about half a minute or when lightly brown to cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on napkin to blot any extra oil.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
::: Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar – never miss a recipe, coupon, deal or meal plan! Learn more. :::