This slow cooker soup highlights those summer vegetables that will soon be appearing in your garden. It is a great soup to make on a rainy day. You can vary the vegetables easily to meet your families preferences. This soup has quickly become one of our family favorites; I hope that your family enjoys it as well!
Slow Cooker Beef & Garden Veggie Soup
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 to 8 hours
- 3/4 lb ground round or sirloin
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained
- 2 small-medium zucchini, cut into half moon shapes
- 2 small-medium summer squash, cut into half moon shapes
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 cans low sodium beef broth (I use water + beef base instead, you could also use vegetable stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and drain ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper (you can use raw hamburger but I have noticed that it affects the texture of the meat).
- Place ground beef in bottom of slow cooker. Add all vegetables and herbs/seasonings. Cover with beef broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Taste soup after cooking and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with rolls & butter.