- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Dana’s Santa Fe Chicken Pilaf
Posted By Dana S On May 31, 2011 @ 6:46 pm In chicken,One Dish Dinners,Pantry Staples,Recipes,rice | 6 Comments
This is one of my favorite quick and easy meals. It is a one dish meal that is as simple as opening several cans and a box mix! I adapted this recipe from the back of a Near East rice pilaf mix to supersize the veggies for more nutrients and fiber. This Santa Fe Rice Pilaf is great with orange wedges or other fresh fruit on the side. A great, light summer meal to add to your rotation!
Santa Fe Chicken Pilaf
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1/2-1 lb. cooked & diced chicken ($1-2)
- 1 package of rice pilaf mix ($0.50 w/ coupon)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth (free if made from scratch)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, Rotel if you like it spicy ($.55 from Aldi)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans ($.55 from Aldi)
- 1 15 oz. can corn ($.55 from Aldi)
- 1 lb. oranges, cut into wedges ($.50)
- Prepare rice pilaf according to the box directions, however, replace the water with chicken stock and add cumin along with the spice packet.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except orange slices, into the rice mixture. Heat until warmed through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese if desired. Serve with orange slices on the side.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/danas-santa-fe-chicken-pilaf/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.