This Greek Salad recipe comes from my Greek babysitter. She makes the most delicious, tangy salad dressing that cannot be beat over crunchy vegetables topped with yummy feta cheese.
This is a great salad to add to your family’s “salad rotation,” as it will help keep veggies tang-iliciously interesting.
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove, crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced OR 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4-6oz crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk all salad dressing ingredients well.
- Assemble all the salad and veggies. Pour the tangy Greek dressing over the assembled salad.