As the first few months of the school year have passed, I have gotten into a school lunch rut. I was starting to pack my 1st grader a peanut butter & honey sandwich everyday! Then a little leftover pasta inspired me to create a new, quick dish for school & work lunches.
This is is versatile and can be changed to use up a variety of leftovers. You could substitute leftover rice or add leftover chicken/tuna or beans. You could even challenge an older child to create his own creation using up already in the fridge. Here’s to breaking the school lunch rut!
Dana’s Pasta Salad
Yield -1 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes!
- 1c of leftover cooked pasta
- 1/2c of frozen mixed vegetables (or leftover cooked or raw vegetables)
- 1oz cheese, cubed (or substitute 2oz cooked chicken, tuna or 1/4c cooked beans)
- 2 tbsp oil based salad dressing (such as Italian or Balsamic)
- Mix all ingredients together well. Pack with a piece of fruit and whole grain crackers. Keep cool until lunchtime.
Cost less than 50 cents
::: Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar – never miss a recipe, coupon, deal or meal plan! Learn more. :::