- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Dana’s Corn Salad
Posted By Dana S On July 19, 2011 @ 4:33 pm In Recipes,Side Dish,vegetarian | 14 Comments
Are you hot yet? In these dog days of summer, I have been experimenting with fresh recipes for hot summer nights. I have been loving vegetable salad recipes that feature summer produce in a new way. This is one of my favorite summer side dishes. It is a change from the classic corn on the cob and is a great make ahead dish to bring on a picnic.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes (+4 hours marinating in fridge)
Cooking Time – 0 minutes!
- 2 cans of drained corn (you can also use fresh corn that has been cooked)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 4 oz diced Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tbsp minced red onion OR 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Mix corn, vegetables and cheese together.
- In separate bowl, combine all marinade ingredients well.
- Mix marinade into vegetables. Toss to combine and allow to marinate at least 4 hours in fridge.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/danas-corn-salad-2/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.