- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Crunchy Parmesan Spaghetti – Summer Side Dish
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 16, 2012 @ 5:40 pm In Pasta,Recipes,Side Dish | 5 Comments
With a little crunch.
Served warm or cooled.
I’m loving these noodles as a side dish this summer. They are the perfect compliment to grilled chicken, steaks and/or shrimp “on the barbie”, and grilled pork chops.
It’s uber simple…instead of tossing with marinara or meat sauce, you toss the cooked noodles with a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan/Romano cheese.
The result is amazing!
Crunchy Parmesan Spaghetti
Adapted from Linguini with Garlicky Bread Crumbs 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb spaghetti noodles ($.25)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ($.50)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese ($.25)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (1 tsp Italian seasoning if using plain bread crumbs)
- Cook the noodles as directed. (Any long noodle will work…linguini, angel hair, thin spaghetti, spaghetti, fettuccine.)
- Drain and rinse with cold water. (When to rinse and not rinse pasta .) (If you wish to serve warm, don’t rinse with cold water.)
- Add to serving bowl and toss with the olive oil, bread crumbs and grated Parmesan. Toss until all the noodles are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper (and Italian seasoning if necessary.)
- Serve Crunchy Parmesan Spaghetti, as side dish.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/crunchy-parmesan-spaghetti/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Pinterest Summer Food board: http://pinterest.com/5dollardinners/summer-food/
 follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/5dollardinners
 Linguini with Garlicky Bread Crumbs: http://www.famfriendsfood.com/2008/09/linguine-with-garlicky-bread-crumbs.html
 When to rinse and not rinse pasta: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/02/pasta-rinse-rinse-kitchen-shortcut.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.