- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 13, 2009 @ 6:04 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Breakfast,Eggs,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Recipes | 37 Comments
When eggs are on sale for $.88/dozen for the Easter holiday and you score a LARGE loaf of pre-sliced French bread for less than $1, you just can’t pass up making a stuffed French toast dish! And with milk on sale for $1/half gallon and cream cheese recently marked down. Plus, there have been some great fruit sales lately…so we’ll add some $.25 apples to this meal!
A “simple”-y delicious meal!
**Use rice bread and rice milk for the dish if you are GFCF. And omit cream cheese…will taste great with just the bananas!
1. In large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Whisk in syrup and cinnamon.
2. In KitchenAid or using hand mixer, blend bananas and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. (I had frozen some cream cheese a few weeks ago. It doesn’t thaw out into its original creamy texture, so I thought this would be a good meal for “thawed cream cheese.” I used brown spotty bananas that were really ripe. Gave it a nice flavor!)
3. In 8×8 baking dish, pour about 1/2 cup of egg mixture into the bottom of the dish, just enough to cover the bottom. Place bread on top of egg mixture to cover as much of the dish as possible.
4. Spread banana/cream cheese over the top of the bread. Cover with a more bread slices.
5. Pour the remaining egg/milk mixture over the top of the bread and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but all day or overnight would be ideal!
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
7. Slice apples or other favorite fruit.
8. Serve Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with syrup and sliced apples.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cream-cheese-stuffed-french-toast/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.