- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 24, 2010 @ 5:48 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,chicken,Dairy Free,Garden,Lunch,Recipes | 9 Comments
I love me some chicken salad. I like to eat it out of the bowl. I like it on sandwich bread. I like it on croissants. I like it on hamburger buns. I like it in tortillas.
And I like it sweet.
While the plain mayo with some celery and salt and pepper is o-kay, my sweet tooth would rather there be some fruit mixed in, whether it’s pineapple, grapes, or in this case…cranberry sauce!
Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken  ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip, if you must ($.20) Lots of coupons on sales on these right now!
- About 1/2 of a 15 ounce can cranberry sauce ($.35) Bought a LONG time ago on Manager’s Special
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread of some sort ($.50) I used a Manager’s Special loaf and sliced it to sandwich size.
- Serve with a salad mix ($1) and this delicious Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing  ($.50)
- Add some extra veggies like green beans (frozen from my garden last year) (Blanched and Frozen )
- Place the cooked and shredded chicken into a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing and pour over the salad.
- Thaw the green beans and steam. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cranberry-chicken-salad-sandwiches/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 cooked and shredded chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken.html
 Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/05/blackberry-vinaigrette-recipe.html
 Blanched and Frozen: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/06/how-to-freeze-green-beans.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.