We had friends over for dinner last night and I made these. As they were coming through the door, I had a bit of a panic and started chastising myself for serving “experiment food” to guests. I don’t think I’ve ever served something I’ve never made before, or seen a recipe for, to guests. And I don’t think I’ll do it again!
Not because they didn’t turn out, but because of the anxiety I felt as they were coming in the door, worried if dinner would be any good at all!
But as I took them out of the oven, I knew all would be fine…and it was!
Tasty, tasty, tasty dinner…
Cranberry Chicken Crescents
Yield – 8 servings or 16 crescents
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 18 minutes
- 2 cups shredded chicken ($1.50)
- 1 15 oz. cans cranberry sauce ($.89) On special from last winter!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls ($2.50)
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed and steamed ($1.98)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken and cranberry sauce. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then carefully drain any extra liquid.
- Stretch the crescent roll dough slightly and place the larger part on a greased baking sheet. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the chicken and cranberry mixture to the larger part and then wrap the crescent roll around it. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until crescent roll is cooked through in the middle and browned on top.
- Steam the green beans.
- Serve Chicken Cranberry Crescents with green beans.
Cost $6.87 for 8 servings!
::: Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar – never miss a recipe, coupon, deal or meal plan! Learn more. :::
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!