Ok, so this might be another meal that I’d just spoon right out of the slow cooker…if that wasn’t inappropriate. (Also, who made up the rule that it’s not appropriate to eat right out of the slow cooker. I’m totally questioning these “society norms” at the moment…but maybe that’s because I’m starving and need to go eat lunch 😉 )
This recipe does call for pre-browned ground beef. I usually brown up a couple pounds when I get a big package or two when it’s on sale, then I freeze it in 1-1 1/4 lb. portions. Then I’ve got it on hand when I need it for slow cooker recipes like this one.
One less time to have to brown ground beef = one less time to have to heat up the kitchen. And every degree counts during the summer months!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals