The very popular printable coupon website, Coupons.com, is going ELECTRONIC.
Save to Card
Coupons.com is now offering a “Save to Card” program for the following stores:
Safeway, VONS, Dominick’s, GENUARDI’S, Randalls, Tom Thumb, PAVILLIONS and CARRS. ***
Simply log-in to Coupons.com and register your store loyalty card numbers. With this new option, shoppers can decide if they want to use the latest digital/electronic forms of coupons OR the traditional printable version of coupons. Additional retail chain partners for its Save to Card program will be announced in the near future.
Here’s how you do it…
1. Register (or login) at Coupons.com. Click on “Savings Card” tab at the top. (If you can’t see the savings card tab, check back later today or early next week!)
2. Look through the special Save to Card coupons and select the ones you want to save onto your card.
3. Print a list of the coupons saved onto your card.
4. Use your store loyalty card at checkout and the coupon amount will be taken off your receipt.
Please note that if you add a coupon to your Savings Card, you can’t remove it from your Savings Card and you can’t print it. Likewise, if you have printed a coupon, you can’t add it to your Savings Card. (No “stacking!”)
Show and Save
The new option for saving allows consumers to save an electronic coupon on a mobile device and then show that coupon on the device at checkout to receive their savings/discount.
Users can also access Show & Save coupons from their computers using the new “Local” tab at Coupons.com OR on their (soon to be released) Coupons.com iPhone app. Shoppers simply print the offers and present the printed coupons to the issuer at checkout. Shoppers can also simply show the coupons right on their phones for savings at checkout.
These savings will be available at local restaurants, retailers and services…from plumbers to dry cleaners to dog walkers. And much more!
The Coupons.com iPhone app, Grocery IQ, will soon be available for free upgarde to the 2.0 version. With this new version, you’ll be able to:
1. Scan barcodes of products in the store and have them automatically added to your shopping list.
2. Browse coupons and add items to their shopping list by simply selecting coupon offers from the coupons.com coupon list. The application also automatically matches coupons for items on grocery lists, when offers are available. Users can also browse and select Save to Card coupons with a few touches on their iPhone.
Another iPhone app, Coupons.com, will be available soon in the App Store, and it is FREE. The application includes Coupons, Savings Card and Local tabs that make it easy to browse and select printable, Save to Card and Show & Save coupons. Another cool feature is that users can print coupons wirelessly on their HP printers or send a link to their email account, which will take them to Coupons.com where their coupons are already clipped and ready to be printed.
I’m planning on testing out these new applications as soon as they become available. Although I’m traditionally a pen and paper girl, I’m willing to try out this new digital system that integrates coupons into your list for you!
I’ll keep you updated as these new applications and programs become available!
As this is a new program, there will likely be lots of questions! This is all new to me as well and we will have to help each other with these cool new technologies! We can share our experiences in the comments section!!!
***Please note that I have yet to test this personally because I don’t have a store loyalty card to any of these stores. For those of you who do and choose to register, I’d love to hear your experience!