Have you been following along with our Costco Meal Plans found here? If you are new to the series, then you’ll want to read the following Frequently Asked Questions about our Costco plans:
Why is the price for each Costco meal plan greater than your normal $5/meal price?
- I realize this makes for roughly $7.50 dinners. Meat at Costco is more expensive than sale prices at grocery stores, and many argue that the quality is better, which according to their policy of only carrying Choice and Prime grade meat makes sense! Plus, you’ll have LOTS of leftovers, which you’ll see on each plan that helps reduce the actual meal prices!
Will I find the exact same pricing in my area?
- Hopefully! But, know that prices may vary by region and season.
How many people does each meal feed?
- Meals are for a family of 4. Larger families, or families with teenagers will need to adjust quantities.
Are any of the meals freezer friendly?
- Absolutely! Most of the meals included in the Costco meal plans are freezer friendly. And, I’ve even included specific instructions for freezing those meals on the printables in each plan. And, if you want ALL freezer friendly recipes, then be sure to check out our Costco Meal Plans: 20 Gluten Free Slow Cooker Freezer Pack Meals and 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Packs from Costco for $150 Meal Plan #6
Will my family (especially my kids) enjoy the meals?
- Meals are as kid friendly, family friendly, and allergy friendly as I could make them. Hopefully you will enjoy them! As always, you are responsible for reading labels and ensuring that everything meets your family’s needs, especially on our Costco Gluten Free meal plan.
Do you have any food allergy friendly Costco Meal Plans?
- Yes, we have a plan for 21 Gluten Free Meals from Costco for $162 and 20 Gluten Free Slow Cooker Freezer Pack Costco Meal Plan for $150. We’ve also added Gluten-Free, Whole30 and Paleo modifications for 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Packs from Costco for $150 Meal Plan #6 and dairy free and vegetarian modifications for Plan #7 (Breakfasts & Snacks).
Do I have to stick to the exact recipes and ingredients in the Costco plans?
- Absolutely NOT! I encourage you to “Mix and Match Meals” because of the bulk purchasing! This is really a game of mixing and matching ingredients. The ingredients are very common and work in a wide variety of recipes, so feel free to use them in other recipes besides those listed on each plan. Nothing is set in stone!
Will I have to purchase any other ingredients to make the meals?
- Some pantry and fridge ingredients like milk, butter, spices etc. are not listed on the Costco Ingredients List, since most household already have those items. However, every ingredient you need for each recipe is listed on each individual recipe linked on each plan AND on the Costco Printables at the end of each plan.
Do I have to purchase the printables to use the meal plans?
- No, you are not required to purchase the printables. We have made all of the recipes with ingredients and directions available on the site for every meal plan. You’ll have to do more work to gather all of the information, of course, but the information is available on the site, free of charge. However, to make your life easier, we have created very helpful printables with all of the information you need including full recipes, Costco shopping lists, a list of additional items from your pantry or grocery store you’ll need, freezer instructions, and more. We think you’ll find the inexpensive printables well worth the price!
Where can I find store deals and coupon match-ups at Costco?
- Check the Costco Store Deals list, complete with updated store coupons and any matching coupons or savings offers. This list is updated weekly and is available in the new Favado grocery savings app too! Note: Costco does NOT accept manufacturer coupons, but does release in-store coupons on a monthly basis. These coupons are featured in the links above.
Can I use these plans at other stores?
- Absolutely! We have a few Sam’s Club versions here. You could also get the printables and make adjustments to what you would find in a traditional grocery store. You can find all of the printables here.
Disclaimer: I have no formal relationship with Costco and am not paid by them to share these plans. I created these plans to help myself (and you!) spend less money at Costco, while using up all the bulk ingredients without them going to waste. Hope they help your family as much as they help our family!