I don’t know about you, but for me…cornbread is such a comfort food. It’s warmth, it’s texture, it’s taste remind me of home and family.
Slathered in a rich butter, dipped into a bowl of your favorite chili, chopped up for a scrumptious holiday stuffing.
There now, I’ve got myself drooling again! 😉
5 Ways to Make Cornbread
- Slathered in Honey Butter  or Maple Butter 
- With Corn and Creamed Corn (See recipe below)
- Italian Sausage with Veggies 
- Mozzarella and Sun-dried Tomatoes 
- Cheddar and Jalapeno 
Erin’s Skillet Cornbread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour (or rice flour for GF alternative)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, yogurt, eggs and brown sugar. Add the cornmeal, flour, soda and salt. Mix until batter forms.
- In a cast iron skillet (or other ovenproof 10″-ish skillet), add the olive oil and heat over high heat. Add in the frozen corn and brown sugar and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter over top of the sauteed corn and stir the corn into the batter. Immediately place the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top begins to golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with butter and your other favorite comfort foods.
What’s your favorite way to make cornbread and your favorite cornbread recipe!?