- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cornbread – 5 Ways (And My Skillet Cornbread Recipe)
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 17, 2011 @ 9:00 am In 5 Ways,Bread,Recipes,Side Dish,Skillet Dinners | 7 Comments
I don’t know about you, but for me…cornbread is such a comfort food. It’s warmth, it’s texture, it’s taste remind me of home and family.
Slathered in a rich butter, dipped into a bowl of your favorite chili, chopped up for a scrumptious holiday stuffing.
There now, I’ve got myself drooling again!
Erin’s Skillet Cornbread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour (or rice flour for GF alternative)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, yogurt, eggs and brown sugar. Add the cornmeal, flour, soda and salt. Mix until batter forms.
- In a cast iron skillet (or other ovenproof 10″-ish skillet), add the olive oil and heat over high heat. Add in the frozen corn and brown sugar and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter over top of the sauteed corn and stir the corn into the batter. Immediately place the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top begins to golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with butter and your other favorite comfort foods.
What’s your favorite way to make cornbread and your favorite cornbread recipe!?
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cornbread-5-ways/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Honey Butter: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/drop-biscuits.html
 Maple Butter: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/maple-butter/Detail.aspx
 Italian Sausage with Veggies: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/farmers/zucchini-upside-down-corn-bread.htm
 Mozzarella and Sun-dried Tomatoes: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/breakfast/recipe-double-corn-bread-with-smoked-mozzarella-and-sundried-tomatoes-052538
 Cheddar and Jalapeno: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/jalapeno-cheddar-cornbread-recipe/index.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.