- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Corn Chicken Chili – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On December 12, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Recipes,Soup | 7 Comments
Here’s another warm and cozy chili for you to enjoy this winter. A spin on my Chicken Posole .
Corn Chicken Chili
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped ($.20)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.05)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained ($.19)
- 2 cups chicken broth (homemade  or store bought) (free if homemade!)
- 2 cups shredded chicken  ($2)
- 2 15 oz. cans whole corn kernels, drained ($1)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream and cilantro, for garnish ($.55)
- Bread and butter ($.50)
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, 2 cups chicken broth PLUS 3-4 CUPS HOT WATER (depending on how thin/thick you want the chili). Stir in the shredded chicken and the corn, drained.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dollop of sour cream and some chopped cilantro (optional) to each serving bowl.
- Prepare bread and butter.
- Serve Corn Chicken Chili with bread and butter.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/corn-chicken-chili-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Chicken Posole: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/10/chicken-posole.html
 homemade: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken.html
 Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.alexa.toolbar/atbp/dgaaDl/download/index.htm
 Learn more.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/toolbar
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.