- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Connie’s Swedish Meatballs
Posted By Connie On January 5, 2011 @ 6:27 pm In batch cooking,Beef,Meat,Potatoes,Recipes | 7 Comments
My family of 10  loves Swedish meatballs! They are the ultimate comfort food when served over a big helping of mashed potatoes and smothered in gravy! YUM!
Yield – 10 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- milk (1/2 soup can)
- 1 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- Serve with mashed potatoes (or rice)
- Mix the 2 cans of soup with 1/2 can of milk.
- Knead 1/4 cup of this mixture, along with the egg and bread crumbs into the ground beef.
- Set the rest of the soup mixture aside.
- Make meatballs about the size of golf balls.
- Brown well in 1 Tbsp. oil, making sure to roll them around periodically so they will be evenly cooked.
- Drain oil and cover meatballs in gravy (remaining soup mixture). Simmer until hot.
- Serve over mashed potatoes (or rice) and enjoy!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/connies-swedish-meatballs/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 family of 10: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/about-2
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.