My family loves pizza night because everyone gets to pitch in and make the pizza just like they want them!
I love pizza night because this recipe is so quick we can make our own pizzas by the time any pizzas would be delivered and we have tons of fun doing it!
Our family of 10 will eat two of these large pizzas for under $10 total!
Here is the recipe for one large pizza (Double this to feed 10):
1/2 C warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C white flour
1 Tbsp. veg. oil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Combine 1/4 C water with yeast and sugar, stir to dissolve and let stand until bubbly (about 5 min.)
- Put flour, oil, and garlic salt into food processor and process 5 seconds with steel blade.
- Add yeast mixture and process about 10 seconds or until blended. Scrape sides if necessary.
- Turn on processor and drizzle just enough of remaining water through feed tube so dough forms a ball. Process so ball turns around about 25 times.
- Put ball on greased pan and cover with a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pat out the dough onto a large greased cookie sheet. (Or give each person a hunk of dough to make their own pizza. Our kids LOVE this!)
- Spread with homemade pizza sauce. (See recipe below.)
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Add mushrooms, pepperoni slices, olives, and any other toppings you like, OR leave it plain.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
salt and pepper
- Heat oil and garlic.
- When garlic starts to sizzle, add herbs.
- Stir in tomato sauce and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer.