This is a new recipe I tried when I invited my friend, Karla, and her 11 children over for lunch. In case you are keeping score, that makes 19 children between the two of us, so this recipe served 21 people!
It is delicious, frugal, and filling! The roast literally falls apart, and all the ingredients make it a stew-like dish with a Mexican kick.
It can be served over egg noodles, rice, corn chips, or in tortillas as burritos. Top with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and other favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Roast
Yield – 20 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 hours on low
- 3 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or make your own!)
- 2 cans original Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can ranch style beans
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp. salt
- Coat roast in chili powder. Place in slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients, except beans. Cook on low for 11 hours.
- Add beans and cook 1 more hour.
- Shred roast and serve over noodles, rice, or chips, or in a burrito. Top with shredded cheese and other favorite toppings.