A light and perfect muffin…for snack or breakfast! I try to keep the sugar low in muffin recipes, and I thought these had the perfect sweetness level. And judging by the “mmm” that came from both boys after having a taste, I’d say these were a success!
Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins
Yield – 24 regular muffins or 48 mini muffins
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 13-18 minutes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash (see how here !)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 Tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In stand mixer or mixing bowl, mix banana, butternut squash, eggs, applesauce, sugar, and oil, until well blended.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, wheat flour and white flour.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until batter forms.
- Pour into greased baking cups or muffin tins, and sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon topping.
- Bake at 350. Regular size muffins for 16-18 minutes. Mini muffins for 13-15 minutes.
Makes 24 regular size muffins, 48 mini muffins, or 12 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins (what I did!).