I adore homemade guacamole. So much so that I probably eat it (or some form of avocado) 5-6 times a week.
I made homemade guacamole on FB live yesterday…you can watch it below.
There are so many delicious ways to eat guacamole – from in the skin with just salt and lemon juice to a fully loaded guacamole with street corn and cotija cheese.
Also, here’s helpful info on how to choose and cut an avocado!
Below is one of my most favorite and freshest homemade guac! Enjoy!
Chunky Tomato-Lime Guacamole
Yield – 8 side dish or appetizer servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and mashed
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 small Roma tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chips for scooping
- Add avocado flesh to small mixing bowl and smash with a fork. Mix in the red onion, crushed garlic, lime juice, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Add more lime juice to taste, if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips, plantain chips, carrot chips or pita chips.