- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On December 2, 2009 @ 6:34 pm In Beans,Beef,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Recipes | 13 Comments
I actually made this before the baby was born. And of course, froze the extras. Because there were lots of extras. And we are eating those leftovers tonight!
1 cup dried red kidney beans ($.40)
1.5 lb. ground beef ($2.09) On sale for $1.39/lb!
1 onion, chopped ($.30)
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes ($.29)
1 6 oz. can tomato paste ($.19) Used $1 coupon on can that cost $1.19!
1 Tbsp garlic powder ($.10)
3 Tbsp chili powder ($.25)
2 tsp salt
Pepper, to taste
2 cups uncooked pasta “wheels” ** ($.25) Bought with $1/2 coupon when on sale for $1…used half the box!
Shredded cheese to top in each serving bowl (optional) Omit if dairy-free
4 small apples ($1)
**Use rice pasta for a GF meal
1. Soak and cook dried beans in large pot. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. In the same pot that you cooked the beans, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain and rinse. Return to pot.
3. In small saucepan, cook 2 cups uncooked pasta wheels as directed on package.
4. Combine the ground beef/onions, cooked red beans, diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato paste PLUS 4 cans of water, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, allowing time for flavors to mingle.
5. Slice or dice apples.
6. Serve Chuckwagon Chili with sliced apples.
Cost $4.86 for 1 pre-baby meal and 1 post-baby meal!!!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/chuckwagon-chili/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.