- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 12, 2011 @ 8:00 am In After School Snacks,Dairy Free,Food Allergies on a Budget,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Guest Posts,Healthy Snacks,Recipes | 8 Comments
The first snack featured on After School Snack week comes from Nancy at Real Food, Allergy Free .
Have hungry kids with bottomless stomachs? Here’s an allergy-friendly snack that is sure to satisfy them. Even if your family is food allergy free, you will want to make these granola bars.
Feel free to use “regular” oats, flour and chocolate chips if you can tolerate them and that’s what you have on hand. You can even use butter instead of the coconut oil.
These granola bars freeze well, so go ahead and make a double batch!
Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
Yield – 12 large bars
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- ½ cup Coconut Oil, softened
- 1 cup Honey
- 4 ½ cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats (aka, Oatmeal)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour (See how to make oat flour  in the blender)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Craisins
- ½ cup Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Brand)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and honey until well blended.
- Add oats, oat flour and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Stir in Craisins and chocolate chips. Press mixture into baking pan. Press well or the bars will fall apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting into bars. Cool completely in the refrigerator before removing from pan or they might fall apart.
Cost $7.46 or 4.26 with “regular” ingredients
Note: You can substitute regular rolled oats and regular instant oats ground into oat flour if you are not dealing with food allergies.
Nancy is a God fearing, family loving, and homeschooling mom to four. You can find her at Real Food, Allergy Free  where she shares her family’s favorite recipes that are free of the top 8 common food allergens (egg, dairy, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, peanut, tree nut).
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/chocolate-cranberry-granola-bars/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Real Food, Allergy Free: http://www.realfoodallergyfree.com/
 how to make oat flour: http://www.realfoodallergyfree.com/2011/04/how-to-make-oat-flour/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.