I have a little thing for chocolate chip cookies.
I haven’t made any for myself in a while. But when the coupon for Nestle chocolate chips showed up in the newspaper last night, I just couldn’t help it. I had to buy a bag!
As I was preparing the batter, I thought to myself, ‘If I’m really going to make these, I might as well “healthify” them. Right!!??!! Toss in some whole wheat and some flaxseed.” Justify. Justify.
2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1-2 cups of chocolate chips (I will not lie. I used 2 cups!)
1. In KitchenAid, or in bowl using hand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
2. In medium bowl, combine and mix baking soda, salt, wheat flour, white flour and ground flaxseed.
3. Add flour mixture to mixture in the KitchenAid. Mix until batter forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. Makes 4 dozen.
Never mind the butter. Or the sugar. We’ll just pretend they’re not in there! These are really healthy cookies