I heart caramelized onions.
I adore the flavor and I especially love the way they make the house smell when they are caramelizing. Its a tossup between caramelizing onions and roasting garlic. Jury is still out on that one.
So I’m teaming up with Formula 409 and their ‘America’s Love Affair with Grease’ campaign…helping home chefs see that a messy meal isn’t worth skipping just to avoid the mess. Splatters from the chili pot, and the skillet that caramelizes the onions…totally worth the mess. Especially when you have a quick way to clean up the splotches left behind on and around the stove.
To kick things off, we’re having a “virtual chili cook-off,” we’ll need you to check out the recipes and decide which one you think sounds best.
My Dutch Oven Chili with Caramelized Onion Cornbread, or another chef’s Texas Style Chili with Corn Fritters.
The prizes for voting…
We’re giving away 5 gift baskets of goodies, including my $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook, as well as other product and kitchen goodies that make for a successful chili cook-off!
Head on over and check out the recipes and tips in the Battle of the Beans Chili Cook-Off. The come back and vote, details below!
1. Contest ends Monday, November 4th at 5 pm EST.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing your which of the 2 chili recipes you want to try soon! (Pick mine
- Entry #2: Leave a (separate) comment sharing your favorite “messy meal”…think bacon grease!
- Entry #3: Pin your favorite greasy recipe with #formula409 in the description and come leave a link to the pin in another comment.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: I am a paid spokes-blogger for the America’s Love Affair with Grease initiative from Formula 409. Recipe is my own, opinions and messy clean up experiences are my own as well.