While I was stocking up the freezer, I cooked a few whole chickens in the slow cooker. One of those times, I combined some of the shredded chicken with a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, some frozen corn, black beans and ground cumin.
Mix. And Freeze.
Thaw. And Warm.
So simple…I love it!
I found some tortilla chips in the pantry. You see. My Dad was here recently visiting Tyler, and well, he has a *thang* for chips and salsa! And by *thang*, I mean that he eats them practically daily. So we’re using up the leftover chips here!
Pile the Chicken Taco mixture on top of some tortilla chips and melt some cheese over the top. That’ll do!
Chicken Taco Bake over Chips
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded chicken ($1.50)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (free from a coupon )
- 2 cups frozen corn ($.67)
- 2 cups cooked black beans  ($.20)
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin ($.05)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips ($1)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese ($.75)
- 2 broccoli heads ($.82)
- Combine shredded chicken, Rotel tomatoes, corn, beans with the ground cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile on top of tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese. Microwave to melt cheese. Omit cheese if dairy-free!
- Steam broccoli in stovetop steamer for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Chicken Taco Bake over Chips with Broccoli.