- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Chicken Soft Tacos with Kickin’ Corn
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 14, 2009 @ 6:12 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,Garden,Recipes | 1 Comment
Using up the leftover chicken from last week , with some peppers I sliced and froze before BlogHer…Yum! Having frozen the veggies and used leftover cooked chicken, this meal was an easy throw together!!!
1 tsp canola or vegetable oil ($.05)
2 cups leftover chicken ($1.78)
1/2 green pepper ($.25)
1/2 orange pepper ($.50)
1/2 onion ($.15)
1 tsp ground cumin ($.05)
Few dashes of Tabasco sauce ($.10)
8 flour tortillas ($1) On sale 10/$1.25 the other week, and use corn tortillas if GF!
1 cup homemade and garden fresh Pico de Gallo ($.25)
1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn ($.68)
Few pinches of ground cumin ($.01)
Few dashes of Tabasco, to taste ($.10)
*Other options to add to your soft taco: Homemade Guacamole , Shredded Cheese or Sour Cream.
1. Add oil to skillet with leftover chicken and sliced (and frozen) green pepper, orange pepper and onions. Add ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Saute for 4-5 minutes, or until peppers/onions have thawed and softened.
2. Prepare fresh pico de gallo .
3. Add chicken and peppers mixture to tacos. I added some pico de gallo into my soft tacos!
4. Cook frozen corn according to package directions. Once cooked, drain any excess liquid and add a few pinches of ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce, to taste. Stir through.
5. Serve Chicken Soft Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Kickin’ Corn!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/chicken-soft-tacos/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 leftover chicken from last week: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/italian-chicken-and-bowtie-pasta.html
 Pico de Gallo: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/pico-de-gallo.html
 Homemade Guacamole: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/02/super-bowl-snacks-and-dinner.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.