Using up the leftover chicken from last week , with some peppers I sliced and froze before BlogHer…Yum! Having frozen the veggies and used leftover cooked chicken, this meal was an easy throw together!!!
Chicken Soft Tacos with Kickin’ Corn
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 tsp canola or vegetable oil ($.05)
- 2 cups leftover chicken ($1.78)
- 1/2 green pepper ($.25)
- 1/2 orange pepper ($.50)
- 1/2 onion ($.15)
- 1 tsp ground cumin ($.05)
- Few dashes of Tabasco sauce ($.10)
- 8 flour tortillas ($1) On sale 10/$1.25 the other week, and use corn tortillas if GF!
- 1 cup homemade and garden fresh Pico de Gallo ($.25)
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn ($.68)
- Few pinches of ground cumin ($.01)
- Few dashes of Tabasco, to taste ($.10)
- Add oil to skillet with leftover chicken and sliced (and frozen) green pepper, orange pepper and onions. Add ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Saute for 4-5 minutes, or until peppers/onions have thawed and softened.
- Prepare fresh pico de gallo .
- Add chicken and peppers mixture to tacos. I added some pico de gallo into my soft tacos!
- Cook frozen corn according to package directions. Once cooked, drain any excess liquid and add a few pinches of ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce, to taste. Stir through.
- Serve Chicken Soft Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Kickin’ Corn!
*Other options to add to your soft taco: Homemade Guacamole , Shredded Cheese or Sour Cream.