- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Chicken Rigatoni al Fresco – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 14, 2009 @ 4:46 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,chicken,Dairy Free,Garden,Pasta,Recipes | 6 Comments
When I got my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, I also got a few recipes to try out…and this is one of them. I made a few slight modifications…mainly, I used tomatoes from the garden and added in some chopped mini-onions from the garden as well.
About 2/3 cup chopped onion (from the garden)
4 garlic cloves, chopped ($.10)
6-8 small tomatoes (from the garden)
2 chicken breasts, diced ($2.11)
3 cups of rigatoni pasta ($.40) I used less than a box of my $.50 Barilla pasta from the past 2 weeks!
2 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth (free!)
Handful fresh basil and parsley (from the garden)
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese to garnish ($.25)
1 bag Ruby Red salad mix ($.59) Marked down…more on my salad ordeal…err, deal tomorrow!
2 tomatoes (from the garden)
Italian dressing ($.05) Bought today with sale, store promo and coupon! Details tomorrow!
Note: Original Recipe called for penne pasta and pre-grilled diced chicken pieces.
1. Spray deep covered baker with cooking spray. Place chopped onion, garlic and tomatoes into base of cooker. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
2. Add uncooked diced chicken breast, pasta, chicken broth, parsley, basil, plus salt and pepper. Mix together.
3. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes. Stir through. Microwave another 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and liquid has absorbed. (Note: when opening the lid, open away from you, as the steam rises quickly and is HOT!) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, optional. Omit if dairy-free!
4. Prepare salad.
5. Serve Chicken Rigatoni al Fresco with Parmesan Cheese and Side Salad.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/chicken-rigatoni-al-fresco/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.