This is one of my favorite dinners to make because it is quick and easy! I consider this to be “fast food.” It only takes between 15 to 20 minutes.
Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 Box of Prince Fettuccine noodles $1 (on sale)
- 1 Orange .89 cents
- 1 (15 oz) jar of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce $2.50 (on sale)
- 1 loaf of bakery Italian Bread $1.99
- 1 Store brand shredded mozzarella cheese (1/4 of an 8 oz bag) – .50 cents
- Perdue Short Cuts Chicken (6 oz package = 1 cup) Honey roasted fresh and fully cooked – $2.00 (on sale)
- Frozen Broccoli (1/4 of a 16 oz bag) – .50 cents
- Butter and Garlic Powder
- Prepare Fettuccine noodles as directed on box. Start cooking the broccoli. Just add to boiling water and cook for around 5 – 10 minutes, or follow directions on package. When the broccoli is finished, drain and chop. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add a little cooking oil. Lightly fry the chicken to warm it up. Then cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over the cooked noodles. Add the chopped broccoli and chicken. Stir well.
- Next, take the loaf of Italian bread and cut it (length-wise) into 2 halves. Place this on an aluminum foil-lined pan. Top bread with pats of butter, garlic powder and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil in oven for 1 – 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Serve the noodles and bread with one or two slices of oranges on each plate. Enjoy!
Cost – $9.38