- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Chicken Enchilada Chili
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 6, 2010 @ 5:41 pm In Beans,chicken,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Pantry Staples,Recipes | 7 Comments
Want to know what happens when you add more taco seasoning than chili powder to your favorite chicken chili?! It becomes Chicken Enchilada Chili. The key is making the enchilada sauce first, before dumping in all the chili ingredients.
Prep the sauce…which becomes the base for the chili.
Beef broth plus 1 can of tomato paste, plus some water.
Whisk ‘er up.
Three times the taco seasoning than chili powder (which is hiding underneath).
Enchilada sauce, y’all!
Dump, toss, stir…however you roll…add the red beans, black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
Mix ‘er. Mix ‘er.
Stir in the chicken. And let ‘er simmer.
Zippy, zesty, zing! This triple-Z chili will certainly warm your tummy, and your tongue, this fall!!!
Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 1 cup homemade or store bought beef broth (free – $.50)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste ($.19) Used $.75/1 Muir Glen coupon, doubles to $1
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning  ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder ($.05)
- 1 15 oz can red beans, drained ($.67) Sale price
- 2 cups cooked black beans, from the freezer  ($.40)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies ($.24) Sale price, coupon and store promotion
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken , from the freezer ($1.50)
- 4 corn cobs, from the freezer ($.40) Froze after buying for $.10/piece
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, whisk together the beef broth and the tomato paste, plus about 1 cans worth of water. Stir in the homemade taco seasoning  and chili powder. Add the red beans, black beans  and canned tomatoes with green chilies. Stir through and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked and shredded chicken . Let simmer a little longer. If longer than 15 more minutes, cover to prevent too much liquid from escaping.
- Shuck the corn cobs and boil them for 4-6 minutes. Serve as is, or with butter and favorite spices/seasonings.
- Serve Chicken Enchilada Chili with Corn Cobs.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/chicken-enchilada-chili/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 homemade taco seasoning: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-taco-seasoning
 cooked black beans, from the freezer: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/10/how-to-cook-dried-beans.html
 cooked and shredded chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.