This Cheeseburger Rice recipe is so easy to throw together after a long day and a great bonus is that it’s naturally gluten free in case anyone in your family has a gluten intolerance.
One of the best things about this meal is that it’s very inexpensive to throw together and most of the ingredients you should have in your fridge and pantry already.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes + time to cook the rice ahead of time
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Chop the onion and place in a frying pan with the ground beef.
- Brown the meat and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, pepper and drained diced tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are heated through, add in the cooked rice and cook until warm.
- Remove the frying pan from heat and add in the cheese, stir until melted into the dish.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Cheeseburger Rice with fresh veggies.