This Cheeseburger Rice recipe is so easy to throw together after a long day and a great bonus is that it’s naturally gluten free in case anyone in your family has a gluten intolerance.
One of the best things about this meal is that it’s very inexpensive to throw together and most of the ingredients you should have in your fridge and pantry already.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes + time to cook the rice ahead of time
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes (can be canned or fresh)
- Chop the onion and place in a frying pan with the hamburger.
- Brown the hamburger and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add in the garlic and diced tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are heated through, add in the rice and cook until warm.
- Remove the frying pan from heat and add in the cheese, stir until melted into the dish.
- Serve warm.