Recipes using ground beef are limitless. Yet, I still sometimes find myself out of dinner ideas with 2 pounds of hamburger staring at me from the kitchen. I decided to alter a meatloaf recipe for individual balls, and of course everything is better with melty, gooey cheese.
I diced up way too much cheese, but it’s good to snack on too! Your meatballs should be the size of a scoop of ice cream and the cheese cubes are the size of a quarter. The cheese will bubble out of some of them, but it’s all good. In this recipe, I used a product called Onion Crunch. I’m not sure how available it is since it’s pretty new, but you can substitute crunched up funyuns or something similar. All kids finished their plates with 2 thumbs up, although I had to leave the cheese out for one of them. She’s the oddball.
Angie’s Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
Yield – 15 meatballs
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 22 minutes
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 3 oz Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1 cup Onion Crunch or crushed up Funyuns
- 1/4 cup Worchester Sauce
- 3 eggs
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Ball mixture the size of a scoop of ice cream into your palm, divide it in half and place a cube of cheese in the middle.
- Pat meatball firmly together in a round shape and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until nicely browned.
- When cooked, place the meatballs on a plate lined with napkins for a minute or two, to remove the grease.