- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cajun Pork Roast (Top 8 Free!) – Food Allergies on a Budget
Posted By Lindsey On January 13, 2012 @ 5:18 pm In Dairy Free,Food Allergies on a Budget,Gluten Free,Pork,Recipes | 9 Comments
Pork roast is an inexpensive meat that can be make many different ways. What happens when you coat a pork roast in blackening seasoning? You get the most flavorful, delicious, tender pork roast with a little Cajun flair- all allergy-free! This may sound like a spicy dish, but it isn’t at all. Combine it with some mashed potatoes and a fresh green salad and you’ll have a fabulous top 8  free dinner on the cheap!
Cajun Pork Roast
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time -1 hour 45 minutes
- 1/4 Cup Blackening Seasoning 
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Margarine (Earth’s Balance, Fleischmann’s Unsalted, or Earth’s Best are good options)
- 3-5 lb Pork Roast
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Coat the entire roast with the blackening seasoning.
- Melt the dairy free margarine or oil in the dutch oven and sear the pork roast on all sides.
- Cover the roast and put the pan in the oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes for a roast that’s closer to 3 pounds and 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours for a larger roast.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cajun-pork-roast-top-8-free/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 top 8: http://www.foodallergy.org/section/allergens
 Blackening Seasoning: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/toms-blackened-seasoning/detail.aspx
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.