Pork roast is an inexpensive meat that can be make many different ways. What happens when you coat a pork roast in blackening seasoning? You get the most flavorful, delicious, tender pork roast with a little Cajun flair- all allergy-free! This may sound like a spicy dish, but it isn’t at all. Combine it with some mashed potatoes and a fresh green salad and you’ll have a fabulous top 8  free dinner on the cheap!
Cajun Pork Roast
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time -1 hour 45 minutes
- 1/4 Cup Blackening Seasoning 
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Margarine (Earth’s Balance, Fleischmann’s Unsalted, or Earth’s Best are good options)
- 3-5 lb Pork Roast
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Coat the entire roast with the blackening seasoning.
- Melt the dairy free margarine or oil in the dutch oven and sear the pork roast on all sides.
- Cover the roast and put the pan in the oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes for a roast that’s closer to 3 pounds and 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours for a larger roast.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Freezer Friendly: Leftover cooked pork roast can be shredded and frozen in plastic container or baggie. Thaw, reheat, mix with some BBQ sauce to make shredded BBQ pork sandwiches.