- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cajun Pork Roast (Top 8 Free!) – Food Allergies on a Budget
Posted By Lindsey On January 13, 2012 @ 5:18 pm In Dairy Free,Food Allergies on a Budget,Freezer Friendly,Gluten Free,Pork,Recipes | 9 Comments
Pork roast is an inexpensive meat that can be make many different ways. What happens when you coat a pork roast in blackening seasoning? You get the most flavorful, delicious, tender pork roast with a little Cajun flair- all allergy-free! This may sound like a spicy dish, but it isn’t at all. Combine it with some mashed potatoes and a fresh green salad and you’ll have a fabulous top 8  free dinner on the cheap!
Cajun Pork Roast
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time -1 hour 45 minutes
- 1/4 Cup Blackening Seasoning 
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Margarine (Earth’s Balance, Fleischmann’s Unsalted, or Earth’s Best are good options)
- 3-5 lb Pork Roast
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Coat the entire roast with the blackening seasoning.
- Melt the dairy free margarine or oil in the dutch oven and sear the pork roast on all sides.
- Cover the roast and put the pan in the oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes for a roast that’s closer to 3 pounds and 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours for a larger roast.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Freezer Friendly: Leftover cooked pork roast can be shredded and frozen in plastic container or baggie. Thaw, reheat, mix with some BBQ sauce to make shredded BBQ pork sandwiches.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cajun-pork-roast-top-8-free/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 top 8: http://www.foodallergy.org/section/allergens
 Blackening Seasoning: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/toms-blackened-seasoning/detail.aspx
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.